Are you a business-savvy rangatahi wanting to learn more about the Singapore market? Do you see value in the opportunities Singapore offers? Are you interested in the food and beverage industry in Aotearoa?
If you answered yes to one or all of these questions, Te Taumata encourages you to apply for the Southeast Asia Centre of Asia-Pacific Excellence’s Tertiary Market Immersion Programme (TMIP).
The programme runs from 25 June to 1 July and will give rangatahi the opportunity to travel to Hamilton and Auckland to learn from businesses and research centres that are already engaging with Singapore.
Why should you apply?
- You’ll broaden your understanding of and engagement with Singapore
- You’ll learn about business environments and opportunities in the region
- You’ll be introduced to Singapore’s diverse social, cultural and political dimensions and their influence on business engagement in the region
- You’ll learn about the Singapore market from the varied perspectives of businesses and government agencies in Aotearoa and Singapore
- You’ll work in teams, guided by academic and industry mentors, to develop a relevant business strategy.
How could this programme impact you?
You will have the opportunity to create key relationships with some of New Zealand’s most innovative food and beverage organisations, build knowledge of a thriving international market and establish a strong network of likeminded peers, with the potential to secure a placement with one of the many prominent businesses involved.
To apply, you must be:
- A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Aged 18 or over
- Enrolled at a New Zealand tertiary institute and have completed at least one year of study by the time the programme starts
There are just 16 spaces available. Applications close midnight Thursday 26 May.