Bay Packers is recruiting for a new General Manager to take the reins in a full-time position, effectively and efficiently leading, managing and organising the overall operation of the business.
Bay Packers (NZ) Ltd is a fish merchant based in Mount Maunganui.
In this role you will:
- Provide leadership and direction for senior staff, and translate the strategies set by the board into success for the operation.
- Create a co-ordinated and harmonious operation, biased towards a commitment to key stakeholder satisfaction.
- Be responsible for identifying and pursuing opportunities to enhance operational capabilities and scope of operations and to improve outcomes.
- Ensure the business is run profitably, cost effectively, efficiently and as productive as possible given the variability of the work, while maintaining all legal obligations within the business.
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in operations or business administration.
- A minimum 8 years’ operation experience in FMCG, Fishing or Seafood.
- Senior management experience in a high-performance environment.
- Multi-site management experience with proven leadership and people management capability.
- Strong evidence of an ability to create a strong team culture of innovation, collaborative performance, customer service focus, and transparency.
Further experience required is outlined in the full job description.
Ongoing professional development training attendance across a broad spectrum of functional areas will be essential.
Applications close Monday, 20 June, 2022. For more information or to apply, please email [email protected] or call 021 972 782.